Course syllabus ZMETA - Fundamentals of Methodology in EN (FRDIS - WS 2020/2021)
|Course title in Czech:||Fundamentals of Methodology in EN|
|Course title in English:|
Fundamentals of Methodology in EN
Mode of completion and number of credits:
Exam (5 credits)
Mode of delivery and timetabled classes:
full-time, 2/1 (hours of lectures per week / hours of seminars per week)
|Level of course:|
Type of delivery:
|Mode of delivery for our mobility students abroad:||-- item not defined --|
|Language of instruction:|
|Course supervising department:|
|Timetable in this semester:|
Aim of the course and learning outcomes:
|By passing this course the students should acquire the basics of scientific thinking and skills that are vital for conducting research projects.|
Learning activities and teaching methods:
In order to finish the course successfully the student has to:
1) Elaborate a mid-term seminar paper - Short research project proposal (student will be provided with a mid-term project form)
2) Elaborate a final seminar paper - Research project proposal (length and structure will be specified at the first lecture)
3) Pass the final exam
ad 1 and 2) Seminar assignments
1) Elaborate a mid-term seminar paper – Short research project proposal
Deadline for uploading in UIS: 25. 10. 2020 23:59
2) Elaborate a final seminar paper – Research project proposal
Deadline for uploading in UIS: 7. 12. 2020 23:59
- Instructions for both uploaded in UIS document server
Folder: Assignments instructions and templates
- Both seminar papers will be elaborated according to this syllabus and the instructions of the lecturer.
- For both papers the student will receive a feedback by the lecturer. (cca 1 week after the hand-in deadline)
- No need to rework – serves as a guideline for Final assignment
- If it doesn't meet the minimal criteria, the lecturer can ask the student to improve the paper. (until 31. 12. 2020 23:59)
- In the case student fails to improve the paper according to the feedback, he/she will not get the course credits and will not be able to attend the exam.
After the successful elaboration of the seminar papers the student receives course credits and can attend the exam.
ad 3) Exam
All course materials here: http://user.mendelu.cz/cenek/Fundamentals_of_Methodology/
The final exam will be composed of multiple-choice and open-ended questions.
The student has to receive at least 60 % of the total points to successfully pass the exam.
a) Both assignments need to be handed-in on time!
-- No excuses (apart from a serious illness – medical confirmation required), no exceptions!
--Popular excuses: travelling Europe, work, too many other responsibilities, UIS system error, personal problems, etc…
b) Zero tolerance to a dishonest behavior!
- Plagiarism (See the following links to avoid plagiarism:
|Assessment criteria ratio:|
Recomended reading and other learning resources:
Course listed in study plans for this semester:
Field of study C-ITSE-IDSE International Development Studies, full-time form, initial period SS 2019/2020
Programme C-INTSE International Territorial Studies, full-time form, initial period SS 2019/2020
Programme C-REDA Regional Development, full-time form, initial period WS 2020/2021
Programme C-INTSE International Territorial Studies, full-time form, initial period WS 2020/2021
|Course listed in previous semesters:|
WS 2019/2020 (and older)
Last modification made by Bc. Vít Karber on 09/14/2020.